Family Arts Festival
Go Wild About the Arts! with Kearney Cultural Partners (KCP) at the annual Family Arts Festival and experience music, theater, art and dance. At MONA participate in interactive educational art activities inspired by MONA’s National Geographic Photo Ark – Joel Sartore exhibition. Dance away to music and songs provided by the friendliest family band in Nebraska – The String Beans, with two 30-minute performances at 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. At The World Theatre, take center stage. And at Yanda’s Music and Pro Audio Store make amazing music with a wide array of instruments.
Saturday, March 11 • 1:00-4:00 p.m.
FREE and open to the public
Kearney Cultural Partners
Sounds of Summer
Gather your friends and join in the fun! Enjoy a lovely evening with your friends at Sounds of Summer in the Cliff Hillegass Outdoor Sculpture Garden. We provide the music along with tables and chairs. You are welcome to bring a picnic, including beverages of your choice!
May 18 • OK Sisters – Blues, Rock
June 15 • Blackberry Winter – Classic Rock
July 20 • Thalken, Tesdall & Thalken – Smooth Jazz
MONA’s Cliff Hillegass Sculpture Garden
Gate 0pens at 6:00 p.m.
Music at 7:00 p.m.
The fun begins when you get here!
FREE seating is on a first come, first serve basis, however you may reserve a table for 10 to all three performances for $500, or, reserve a table for a single performance for just $200. To make a reservation, contact the Museum at (308) 865-8559. Contributions are appreciated when we “pass the hat” to keep admission free.
Proceeds from Sounds of Summer help to support the MONA Guild and its contributions to MONA’s art acquisitions and conservation, art exhibitions and education.
Get on the Bison Bus!
Pack your bags and join the Museum of Nebraska Art’s Bison Society on a trip to Wyoming
The Spirit of the American West is alive in Cody, Wyoming at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. The Center’s five museums (Buffalo Bill Museum, Cody Firearms Museum, Draper Natural History Museum, Whitney Western Art Museum, and Plains Indian Museum) provide a colorful glimpse into the history, art, culture, and science of the American West and promote an understanding of what it was, what it is, and what it will be.
MONA’s Bison Society is proud to offer a seven-day trip to visit the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, Yellowstone National Park, and Jackson, Wyoming to learn how the story of the West, born in Nebraska, lives in the past, present, and future. We invite you to join us May 16-22, 2017 on this adventure into the American West.
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 (Kearney to Casper, WY)
• Travel to Scottsbluff National Monument, tour the William Henry Jackson exhibit
• Continue on to Casper, Wyoming for the night
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 (Douglas to Cody, WY)
• Travel to Big Horn, Wyoming to visit the Brinton Museum
• Travel to Cody stopping to visit the Medicine Wheel National Historic Landmark.
• Visit Hart Mountain interpretive Center
Thursday, May 18, 2017 (Cody)
• Whitney Western Art Museum Tour
• Buffalo Bill Museum Vault Tour
• 2019 Alfred Jacob Miller exhibition presentation
• Whitney Western Art Museum Tour
• McCracken Research Library Archives Tour
• Lunch at the Center
• Visit artist studio
• Wine and Cheese reception at an art gallery
• Dinner at Cassie’s Supper Club
Friday, May 19, 2017 (Cody)
• Cody Firearms Museum Tour
• Natural History Museum & Draper Laboratory Tour
• Plains Indian Museum & Paul Dyck Plains Indian Buffalo Culture Tour
• Lunch at the Old Irma Hotel
• Gallery and/or studio visit
• Cocktails and Dinner Party at Big Hat Ranch
Saturday, May 20, 2017 (Cody to Jackson, WY)
• Travel through Yellowstone National Park
• Colter Bay Visitor Center
• Lunch at the Jackson Lake Lodge
• Stroll around Jackson
Sunday, May 21, 2017 (Jackson)
• National Museum of Wildlife Art Tour
• Visit to local art galleries
• Farewell dinner
Monday, May 22, 2017 (Jackson to Kearney)
• Depart Jackson
More information coming soon! For questions, contact the Museum at (308) 865-8559.
Spirit – A Benefit for the Museum of Nebraska Art
A weekend of Spirited events featuring the work of Nebraska’s finest artists. The celebration offers Patron Package festivities, Gala Dinner and Art Auction, and closes with Good Morning MONA, truly unique opportunities to come together to celebrate the art of Nebraska in a very special way.
Next Spirit Weekend: April 6, 7, 8, 2018
Past Spirit: 2016 Artists list