Rights and Reproductions
PHOTOGRAPHY REPRODUCTION TERMS OF AGREEMENT
The Museum of Nebraska Art (MONA) celebrates Nebraska's artistic culture and heritage by collecting
and preserving, exhibiting and interpreting the art of Nebraska. Art of Nebraska is defined as art that was
created by an artist born, raised, trained, or domiciled in Nebraska or with a substantial connection to
Nebraska, or art that reflects Nebraska's culture and environment. The Museum of Nebraska Art Collection
is the state's official visual art collection.
With this unique mission and collection, MONA receives a variety of requests for photographic images of
artworks in the permanent collection. These normally consist of use in text books, exhibition catalogues,
articles, books, and other written publications, but also includes posters, calendars, and cards as well as
film, video, television, and e-books.
Download PDF for printing.
PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE USAGE FEE
- Available formats
- 4 x 5 color transparency
- 35 mm slide
- compact disk
- electronic file
- Three month usage fee: $125.00
CONDITIONS OF USE
Conditions under which permission is granted to reproduce works of art from the Collection of the
Museum of Nebraska Art (MONA), Kearney, Nebraska:
- All reproductions must be made from photographic material supplied by MONA. Reproductions
from printed or other non-photographic materials, or from photographic materials not supplied by
MONA, is strictly prohibited.
- Permission for reproduction is granted for only one usage in one publication, for one edition in
one language. Additional language editions and subsequent revised new editions are considered
upon request. Images are not to be duplicated, scanned electronically, or otherwise copied without
prior approval by MONA.
- Transparencies, slides, and disks are rented, not purchased or sold. Rental fees must be paid in
advance for these photographic images (U.S. currency), whether or not they are reproduced.
Transparencies, slides, and disks must be returned in good condition; an additional replacement
charge of $125.00 will be assessed in the event of loss or damage.
- Each work of art must be reproduced in its entirety. Reproduction may not be cropped or bled off
the page, nor may anything be superimposed on the reproduction. At its discretion, MONA may
request proofs, and the applicant will make all corrections deemed necessary by the Museum to
ensure faithful reproduction. MONA reserves the right to revoke permission if, in its opinion, the
applicant has not achieved accepted standards of reproduction.
- The image credit line must be shown along with the image and/or in the acknowledgement
Artist, title of artwork, medium, date
(donor’s name, if applicable)
Museum of Nebraska Art, Kearney, Nebraska
- MONA does not supply images of works in its collection to companies or individuals operating a
photograph rental and/or sale service. No photographic materials may be made by outside
companies or photographers for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the
- MONA makes no representation that it is the owner of any copyright in the works of art in its
collection. The Museum can grant the permission requested only to the extent of its ownership of
the rights relating to the request. Certain works of art, as well as the photographs of those works of
art, may be protected by copyright, trademark, or related interests not owned by the Museum. The
responsibility for ascertaining whether any such rights exist and for obtaining all other necessary
permission remains with the applicant.
- The applicant agrees to indemnify MONA and hold it harmless against all such claims, including
copyright infringement claims, royalty, or fee demands and/or actions, including the costs thereof,
arising as a result of the applicant’s reproduction of the work(s) of art in its collection.
- Upon publication, the applicant must provide at least one copy of the publication (or appropriate
tear-sheet) in which the reproduction appears. It should be sent to the attention of Photography
Reproduction, Museum of Nebraska Art.
Please download PDF for printing.
phone: (308) 865-8559
fax: (308) 865-8104
2401 Central Avenue
Kearney, NE 68847
Just minutes north of Interstate 80, with plenty of free parking on the
north side of the Museum. Maps.
Tue. - Sat.: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sun.: 1 - 5 p.m.
Closed Mondays and